A unique, innovative, ambitious IB school focused on a student-centered learning approach is currently seeking new colleagues due to an increasing student body.
Open Gate school emphasizes social and global responsibility, high academic standards and a strong student profile. It was established in 2005 as a coeducational boarding school for gifted students from all walks of life including those from socially disadvantaged backgrounds.
Since its inception the school has achieved outstanding academic results both nationally and internationally. We are a proud member of the IB World Schools, running the Diploma program. Moreover our mission statement encourages a supportive, family atmosphere, paired with outstanding campus facilities and a generous space provided for teacher professional development.
Secondary English + IBDP English Teacher
We are looking for a well-qualified and experienced English native speaker to join our team as a Secondary English + IBDP English teacher.
• Minimum Qualification Requirement: M.Ed, B.Ed or a relevant Bachelor’s Degree with a PGCE/PGDE (QTS)
• Experience in both language acquisition and literature studies
• Experience with the IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma Program
• An enthusiastic and innovative teacher with a genuine passion for teaching, who can motivate and inspire students using a variety of strategies
• Ability to work and collaborate with colleagues to enrich curriculum and student learning
• Professional integrity, dedication and a willingness to actively support both students and colleagues
• Prepare and deliver classes to Secondary students (Y6 to Y11) students in accordance with the IBDP English B course, as well as both school-specific and Czech state curriculum.
• Initiate, facilitate, and moderate all aspects of classroom practice.
• Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and other resources.
• Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and related assessment tasks.
• Compile, administer, and grade examinations.
• Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required administrative tasks.
• Keep abreast of developments in the related field(s) by reading current literature, collaborating with colleagues, and participating in professional development opportunities.
• Manage and maintain required course materials (such as textbooks) through the school library.
• Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials and methods of instruction.
• Participate in campus and community events.
What We Offer:
• A full-time position (approximately 24 lessons a week)
• A stable team environment that promotes effective teaching and learning
• Professional growth through close co-operation with the Head of Department and the School Management
• Continual professional development opportunities in a supportive framework
• Teacher autonomy, freedom and flexibility toward self-realization in the classroom
• A spacious, modern, purpose-built campus with state of the art facilities
• Relocation support, both logistical and financial (not applicable for candidate currently residing in the Czech Republic)
• Accommodation support, both logistical and financial (not applicable for candidates currently residing in the Czech Republic)
• Daily transportation between Prague and the school campus
• A competitive salary structure
• Start date August 19, 2022
Please send your CV and Motivational Letter to our recruitment system via link https://ppfgrouprecruitment.com/landing-site?token=p.ed445d06814ecf05e29f6285c63d1ba82ff58e564a975d66d03ab3f3a3560b3240af58ee48c4a8e0
Successful candidates will be shortlisted and informed via email about the interview process.
Information about the vacancy
Na Návsi 5, 251 01 Babice-Babice, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment