We are Home Credit, a leading global consumer finance provider. Founded in 1997 with just 33 employees at the time, our Home Credit family numbers more than 69,000 employees today! We focus on emerging markets, and to date, we have served over 138 million customers. Our experience, local knowledge and strong track record across our 10 different markets sustainably puts us ahead of our competitors. Our goal is to help our customers get the things that matter most to them by providing simple, easy and fast services. Our omni-channel online and physical sales network lets them access financing whenever and wherever they need it, and our advanced technology and superior data analytics enables us to lend responsibly to underserved customers who have little to no credit history, thereby including them into the regulated financial system and unlocking new opportunities.
Operational Risk specialist - HQ
For HQ, Prague we are looking for an Operational Risk Specialist.
The specialist is part of the OpRisk team; he/she works in the given areas directly at HQ (i.e. HCI and PPF FH) and assures oversight and support of the relevant processes in Group companies.
- Risk identification area. This means especially within RCSA (risk and control self-assessment), approvals of new products (PAP process), and review of projects/changes in general (IT changes, Datasources approval process…). Also, this included consecutive steps, i.e. assessment of the adequacy of resulting action plans and their monitoring.
- Awareness, i.e. training of all levels of employees; taking care of HCI e-learning platform. Knowledge/best practice identification and transfer across the Group.
- Ongoing development of the OpRisk methodology, especially in the area of the risk identification, approval process for Datasources, etc., using feedback and experiences gained from the business counterparts and Group companies
- 1/3 of time is expected to be spent at various ad hoc tasks within OpRisk department (analyses, risk monitoring, various report development, preparation of materials for Group Operational Risk Committee, data for the regulator, etc.), and/or possible reviews on site. Expected is involvement in all core Operational risk areas (Loss data collection, root cause analyses, KRI monitoring...)
How it is being made:
- At HQ: directly through organizing workshops, making analyses, and challenge of the provided information
- At Group companies: Oversight and challenge of Group companies’ assessments, reports, consolidated risk profile, etc. on regular country calls and ad-hoc follow-ups. Support and help OpRisk teams in Group companies.
- OpRisk teams in Group companies (they are subject to oversight and quality assurance; as well, they are trained on the methodology
- Employees of all levels within the entire group - various business counterparts (depending on projects involved)
- Management (receives results, reports on risks and action plans)
- Experience in / understanding of Risk area and of the financial industry and its processes
- Excellent English (both written and oral)
- Excellency in Microsoft office, especially excel
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Experience in Operational risk management/non-financial risk management or connected areas (anti-fraud, business continuity, compliance, etc.)
- Experience with processes and process optimization/project management
- Opened, nice personality with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead workshops and training, towards all levels of employees (both regular and top management)
- Communication and presentation skills, ability to engage
- Experience with different/non-European culture/people (work/travel/school…)
- Time and spatial flexibility/ willingness to travel
Information about the vacancy
Evropská 2690/17, 160 00 Praha-Dejvice, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, cell phone, above-standard medical care, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, refreshments on workplace, soft loans to employees, sick days, occasional work from home, corporate events, more than 5 weeks of vacation, foreign business trips
Home Credit International a.s.
ContactHome Credit International a.s.
160 00 Prague 6-Dejvice